Corky Carroll’s is the top surf school in Huntington Beach and we’re always looking to add awesome members to our crew.
We’re the first surf school to ever open in Huntington Beach (back in 1996) and have been shredding it ever since. Our surf school operates out of Bolsa Chica State Beach in Huntington Beach, California, where we provide year round surf lessons for all ages seven days a week, as well as Summer surf camps for kids.
We also have an all-inclusive surf resort in Costa Rica. Some of our crew end up working down there for a couple months. Scroll below to learn more about how to become a surf instructor in Huntington Beach and Costa Rica.
Surf Instructor Job Details
We’re looking to hire and train the best surf instructors around. We have several different positions available. To learn more about each visit the links below.
Huntington Beach, CA:
Nosara, Costa Rica:
Instructors need to be patient, dependable, good with kids and capable of teaching our lessons in a fun and informative way.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Background check is required for ages 18 or older
- Strong swimming skills
- CPR & First Aid Certified or willing to get certified (we can recommend a place)
- Hours of availability: Monday- Friday: 7am – 3pm, Sat & Sun: 7am-12pm (flexible part time schedules available)
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have 4+ years of experience with surfing, swimming, navigating the ocean
- ISA Certified
- Lifeguard Experience or Certifications
FOR COSTA RICA SURF INSTRUCTORS
- Room and board provided
- Includes 3 meals per day and weekly laundry service
- Daily work consists of 1 or 2 lessons in the morning and possibly 1 at sunset, with miscellaneous tasks like restocking beverages, etc.
- Our customers stay with us from Saturday to Saturday. You will be working with them directly, from daily lessons to hanging out “happy hour” style at our onsite surf ranch
- Employment lasts up to 90 days at a time before requiring a VISA
- Our resort is open November-July
- For more information, click here
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR COSTA RICA:
- Have a valid passport or can obtain one
- Like to travel
- Don’t get homesick after a month
- Know how to perform ding repair
- Extra bonus if you are ISA Certified
- Extra bonus for photography experience