Surf Instructor Jobs
SURF INSTRUCTORS WANTED!
Corky Carroll’s is the top surf school in Huntington Beach and we’re always looking to add new team members. If you’ve ever wanted to combine your love of surfing with helping others learn how to surf, we want to hear from you! Instructors need to be patient, dependable, good with kids and capable of teaching our lessons in a fun and informative way. This is a perfect summer job for students or surfers who want to earn extra income. We’re looking to hire and train the best surf instructors that meet our criteria and females are strongly encouraged to apply. Our hiring process begins in June!
Our Beach Adventure Camps provide a great part-time opportunity for those who meet the requirements below and are interested in working with younger kids. Daily activities include building sandcastles, playing games and boogie boarding!
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PROGRAMS:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Background check is required for adults 18 years or older
- Strong swimming skills
- CPR & First Aid Certified or willing to get certified (we can recommend a place)
- Hours of availability: Monday- Friday: 7am – 3pm, Sat & Sun: 7am-12pm (flexible part time schedules available)
- Knowledge of how to perform ding repair
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have 4+ years of experience with surfing, swimming, navigating the ocean
- ISA Certified
- Lifeguard Experience or Certifications
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Professional training on how to properly and safely teach a surf lesson
- Flexible hours to fit your schedule
- Work as many hours as you want within our operating schedule
- Good cash tips earned daily (especially from private lessons). Better tips for better lessons.
- You get to surf on your break
- Bonuses for referrals that lead to new sign-ups
- Free Del Taco, Pizza, Bagels, Coffee and Donut days in summer
- Summer season is open 7 days a week from June 10th thru September 1st
- Winter season positions pay well in cash (September-May)
- If you perform well in HB, you have the chance to be a surf instructor at our Costa Rica Surf Camp (see below)
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR COSTA RICA SURF INSTRUCTORS:
- Have a valid passport or can obtain one
- Speak English
- Bilingual, especially in Spanish, is preferred but not required
- Like to travel
- Don’t get homesick after a month
- Know how to perform ding repair (we pay extra for this)
- Extra bonus if you are ISA Certified
- Extra bonus for photography experience
JOB DETAILS FOR COSTA RICA:
- Room & board, 3 meals per day and weekly laundry service all provided in exchange for your daily work.
- Daily work consists of 1 or 2 lessons in the morning and possibly 1 at the sunset hour, with miscellaneous tasks like restocking beverages, etc.
- Weekly tips earned for providing great lessons
- Our customers stay with us from Saturday to Saturday. You will be working with them directly, from daily lessons to hanging out “happy hour” style at our onsite surf ranch.
- Employment lasts up to 90 days at a time before requiring a VISA
- We’re open November-July
- For more information, click here